We offer a wide range of opportunities for native-speaking translators and interpreters. Our commitment is to create a relationship that is collaborative, honest, and built on trust. If this is something you value too, please read on for further information. We look forward to hearing from you!
Professional Linguist Contractors
We are always looking for qualified, professional translators and interpreters, who are reliable and committed to exceptional service. Yes, even the little things matter. We have an excellent support team to help you get established.
- Interpreting – We strongly encourage certified interpreters (medical, social and court) to apply to be an independent contractor with our company. Non-certified interpreters are welcome to apply as well. Prior experience is required and 2 years of experience minimum is preferred.
- Translation – We are constantly searching for accurate, cost-effective and timely contractors to become a resource for translations.
We make it easy and efficient for contractors to manage interpreting assignments. Our team assigns appointments via email or text, allowing you to easily confirm an assignment.
To earn DSHS social service and medical certification, you can schedule an exam online here: www.dshs.wa.gov/ltc/
In order to receive national certification for medical interpreting, you can visit www.healthcareinterpretercertification.org or www.certifiedmedicalinterpreters.org for more information.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- DSHS Code of Conduct
- HIPAA Compliance
- Self Disclosure
- W-9 Form
- Professional Services Agreement
- L&I Application
Helpful Videos – Clarity Interpreting has these helpful videos regarding Interpreter Protocol & Standards of Practice:
- Candidates must have an excellent command of English and their native language(s).
- 2 Years Professional Interpreting or Translation Experience
- Strict adherence to Interpreter Code of Ethics, Professional Conduct and Confidentiality Assurance.
- All candidates must have U.S. citizenship or possess a valid work permit (Interpreters only).
- All candidates must pass or self-certify to a background check.
If you are interested in contracting with Language Exchange, please fill out the Contractor Form: